Abatix has been in business over 30 years with branch locations across the country. With the idea that success is based on building long lasting relationships, Abatix was founded when we began selling industrial safety supplies. We have since grown into a nationally recognized supplier of safety, environmental, construction, janitorial, and industrial products with customers across the nation.
We believe that our team is our #1 asset. With a wealth of industry and product experience, our management team averages more than 20 years with Abatix and the remainder of full time employees have an average of 7 years. We take pride in knowing that we have been able to attract and keep great employees which translates into the best possible support team for our customers. At Abatix, you are not just an employee, you are family.
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) is accountable for maintaining day to day customer relations and ensuring world class order fulfillment and the generation of revenue. The team member serves as a resource to customers, prospects, warehouse employees, vendors and outside sales staff. ISR shall be aligned with and support the overall goals and objectives of the entire company and actively provide input and support throughout the company. ISR shall strive for 100% of our customers and prospects to Experience the Difference and ensures Abatix is represented in a positive manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Sell and service customers in person, over the phone and via email, providing pricing and product application information.
- Manages sales relationship, growth and profitability for house and other assigned accounts.
- Increase revenue and margin within assigned accounts.
- Make outbound calls to generate sales as directed and actively engages in leas generation initiatives.
- Take and process customer quotes, orders, provide delivery information, and follow up as required.
- Source and process special orders and direct shipments and perform vendor relations/negotiations as needed.
- Stay current on product knowledge.
- Maintain computer and software related skills.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior customer service and inside sales experience preferred
- Professional appearance
- Excellent verbal & written English language skills are required
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism
- Exhibit motivation, dependability, punctuality, organization skills, and be detail oriented
- Be A team player who handles multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Possess general office skills including proficient computer skills
- Ability to compile and decipher information in a spreadsheet format
Benefits and Perks
- Your choice of healthcare plans, plus dental insurance, and a vision discount program
- ESOP and Company match 401(k) plan
- Employer sponsored AD&D/life insurance, options for STD, LTD, accident and critical illness insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- PTO starts on your first day and company paid holidays