Who We Are
Founded in May 1983, Abatix has grown into a nationally recognized supplier of safety, environmental, construction, janitorial, and industrial products carrying thousands of products and supporting customers across the nation.
Our team is our #1 asset. Abatix takes pride that we have been able to attract and keep great employees, which translates into the best possible support for our customers.
Why work for a mega-corporation where you are just another employee? At Abatix, we are a family and we make a difference for our customers!
The purpose of this position is to assist in the preparation of accurate and timely reporting of the financial position and results of operations of Abatix Corp. on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for internal and external purposes. This position also supports ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place in the Accounting Department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations
- Prepare reports detailing monthly expenses by cost center
- Analyze total corporate expenses, including comparisons to trended results
- Ad Hoc analyses as needed
- Correspond with branches to ensure proper accounting for purchases and expenses
- Analyze balance sheet and income statements
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company
- Help direct the staff accountant
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- 2-4 years experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills including: Advanced Excel, Word, 10-key and type by touch; SQL experience a plus
- Professional appearance
- Great communication skills
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism
- A team player who handles multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment
Benefits and Perks
- PTO starts accruing on your first day
- Paid company holidays
- Your choice of healthcare plans, plus dental insurance
- ESOP and company-match 401k plans
- Employer-sponsored AD&D/life insurance, options for STD, LTD, accident and critical illness insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- On-site carwash and oil change services